Part 3 contains these chapters:
- Chapter 7 – Composite services with Service Bus
- Chapter 8 – Composite services with SOA composites using the BPEL Component
- Chapter 9 – Coherence Integration to reduce load and speed up response
- Chapter 10 – Embedding Custom Logic using Java and Spring Component
- Chapter 11 – Business Rules to Capture Business Logic to Automate Decisions
In Part III – “Composite Services” – more complex services are discussed that leverage more advanced facilities in the SOA Suite. The business process execution language BPEL is introduced as well as the Business Rule component. Complex message validation, making service call outs for validation and enrichment, performing value lookups and performing bulk operations in parallel are some mechanisms discussed in this part. Templates are introduced, providing reuse at various levels. Integration of custom Java in both Service Bus (Java Call Outs) and SOA Composites (Spring Java component) are demonstrated – demonstrated using interactions from SOA Suite with the Twitter and DropBox APIs. This part also discusses the use of the Coherence Adapter to improve response times and scalability and reduce load on backend systems.