Chapter 4 introduces two outbound adapters for interacting from Service Bus projects with Databases and Files/File Systems. The SOA Suite is shipped with a wide range of adapters that help the integration from Service Bus composites [and the SOA composites we will first meet in chapter 5] with these back end systems. This chapter only demonstrates the outbound mode of the adapters.
- Introduction to Database Adapter with Outbound Select-from-tables
- Inserting records into the database with the Database Adapter
- File Adapter for Updating Files
- Outbound (non-polling) Reading from the File System using the File Adapter
- Native Format Transformation and Remote File Adapter – Retrieving data from internet resources
The next figure shows an overview of the components and interactions that are developed in this chapter. The CountryService is created that interacts with an external service to retrieve data and store that data in a local database using the Database Adapter.
Sources for this chapter can downloaded from Github: Chapter 4 Sources .
Instructions for preparing the database are here.